Tuesday 22 October 2013

Friends are like umbrellas 2

My story passed the first stage and it seems like I have stuck with my working title.

I have been trying to work out the storyboards, I have done the beginning and from after the scene that shows their friendship being built, but I still need to deal with that one scene and work it out. I find that one to be a bit hard as it needs to flow from one thing into another while using the umbrella as a key feature - which makes it some sort of "1001 uses for an umbrella." I want to use symbolism as well, but it all depends on how abstract I can go with it before people don't understand it's their friendship in the shape of an umbrella.

First scene is pretty straight forward. She is bullied and he defends her using the umbrella as a bat/shield and sword.


 Traffic accident. Ended up a bit shorter with fewer pictures than what it plays in my head. I might have the rain come down from her perspective - seen from the ground up, but then it would make less sense to show the people standing around unless I turned the camera which I don't really want to do as she is turning her head the other way to find her broken umbrella. Also I thought it might be a nice little nudge to repeat the way it pans down from a rainy sky onto a circled crowd, like when something bad happened to her the first time, and now something bad has happened again.


Another little piece of a problem I am running into is how to deal with the hospital scene. I know I need to have her ask the people visiting her about the boy by using the umbrella, but I am a bit unsure on how to deal with it. I'm not entirely happy with the way I have solved it in the following page.


I'm not sure if I should have a black fadeout or a white after the umbrella drops since it's fading in black from the hospital scene it's probably better to use white.


Now off I go to find out how to deal with the hospital and the friendship scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment