Monday 28 May 2012

Lanto and Ciara


He's supposed to say "Mmmhh, It would be nice to come over...".

A little something I did based on a picture I made for Kerri a long time ago. Figured it would be simple enough to try out while figuring out how to work the photoshop animation feature. I must say, I like it most of the time.
I can draw with my beloved opacity and now that I figured the frames are exactly the same as the layers it's really easy to do it. The only thing I miss is a proper timeline for the times I want something longer or shorter than the set times you can pick from - but I don't see why I can't learn how to work my way around them.

I actually find it more fun and interesting to animate like this. I can draw on the computer, but it's still pretty close to a traditional way of doing things with the whole "must learn timing properly on your own". I now think I appreciate dope sheets a bit more. They didn't make any sense when all I had to do was to copy-paste and tweak here and there - everything worked itself out smoothly, I didn't really need it. Now I appreciate having a paper telling me what comes when. I will probably have some more fun with this and see exactly what I can get done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment